Illawarra Hash House Harriers|
Welcome to the Illawarra group website of the world's most eccentric running club, the Hash House Harriers.
The Hash House Harriers is a more social version of Hare and Hounds, where you join the pack of hounds (runners) to chase down the trail set by the hare or hares (other runners), then gather together for a bit of social activity known as the On In or Down Down with refreshment, humor, song and the occasional feast.
The Illawarra Hash House Harriers welcome everybody, young and old, fast or slow. Don't wait to get in shape, just come on out and join us. The only prerequisite to hashing is a sense of humor.
Every Hash House Harrier group will have its own character. Some will certainly test the boundaries of bawdy humour while others will be more family based. Illawarra falls into the latter but bawdy humour still abounds.
There are ~1905 hash groups registered in the world directory, located in 1238 cities in 183 countries. As a member of Illawarra Hash you will be welcomed at any of those clubs if you are travelling or holidaying.
But the first thing you need to do is to come along to your local Hash group, the Illawarra Hash House Harriers.
Contact us now!!
Jackass at the capark behind El Mondo Cafe at 119 Corrimal Street, Wollongong
This is a BUY YOUR OWN hash tucker trail.
We are walking to the "Cafe on Legs" where there are $10-12 meal specials, including a beer/soft-drink
NEWS: CLICK HERE FOR DESTRUCTIONS ON "HOW TO SET A HASH TRAIL"
What you will need to bring:
What you will NOT need:
- Your sense of humour - the bawdier the better
- A smile - having teeth is optional.
- Money to buy your drinks - alcoholic or softdrinks - its your choice.
- A torch if you expect darkness at 7:30pm.
- A friend ... but that is optional too as we will be your new friends!
- A fear of being left out - We welcome all cummers - We know that Hashing is not for everybody but we will appreciate your willingness to open up and let us know the real you.